roastin', ridin', slidin,' bustin' knuckles waking up with a smile on my face...

Monday, June 20, 2011

My Pop the pirate


Had a great father's day over at my folks house yesterday. My Pops never ceases to amaze me. He's a true artist in every sense of the word. Everything he creates however, is functional. Several years ago he acquired this old boat with fins sticking out the sides completely stripped down to the hull. We all tried to convince him to make the old batman boat from the 60's show out of it but he had other ideas...a full-fledged pirate ship! Everything is scavenged or fabricated down to the zillion sails he made, and the many masts installed on this thing. First voyage is sometime this week. This thing is gonna fly with all the sail he has rigged up on her. That's my daughter in the shot for scale.
happy father's day dad! really proud of your latest creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment